So for today my goal was to make some pillows out of cloth napkins.
Right away the opportunity came up to put this challenge to the test.
I had already printed out this wonderful bird image from the Graphics Fairy web site and once that was done and ironed on the napkin I realized that the image was a bit too small for the size pillow it was going to be. Normally I'd run to the fabric store frantically trying to find a solution, but nope the challenge was to use what I had on hand.
So hunting in my stash of stuff I found this wonderful ribbon (that I already had) that was perfect. Not having any brown thread on hand to sew the ribbon onto the pillow I then decided I'd use some of that iron on tape I had saved from some Ikea curtains. I was pretty surprised this challenge thingy wasn't really a challenge but was a way to get my creative juices going.
I am so pleased with the design and to think that I had everything that the pillow needed. No running to the store wasting time and dollars, the pillow design ingredients were already there.
Oh yeah you see that line in the image but you are way too polite to mention. Yes it was a goof up on my part. I let the hot iron hit the image and it created that line. Another one of those lessons learned, such as protect your iron on image with cloth if using an iron near it.
This challenge for me is on going and with the stash of stuff I have I should be unstumped for quite a long time.
BTW with that obvious line the pillow has found a home with me.
I'm Partying At The Following